Franchise Law BlogWe’re business law and franchise lawyers in Chicago providing customized legal services to businesses and their owners, franchisors and franchisees, and the restaurant and hospitality industry. Our knowledgeable, effective, and responsive attorneys counsel clients in connection with contracts and franchise agreements, corporate and LLC issues, leases and real estate transactions, employment issues, estate planning and business succession, and lawsuits and alternative dispute resolution.
- Cook County “Earned Sick Leave” Ordinance Effective July 2017
- New Illinois Law Renders Non-Compete Agreements for Low-Wage Employees “Illegal and Void”
- Restaurant Owners: Are You Taking Advantage of All Tax Credits and Deductions?
- Seventh Circuit: Class and Collective Action Waivers in Employment Arbitration Agreements Unenforceable
- Illinois and Chicago Employment Law Update: Minimum Wage, Paid Sick Leave and Employee Retirement Accounts
Category Archives: Arbitration
Seventh Circuit: Class and Collective Action Waivers in Employment Arbitration Agreements Unenforceable
The Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals recently ruled that provisions in employment agreements requiring individual arbitration of wage and hour disputes are unlawful under the National Labor Relations Act (“NLRA”). The court found that such provisions violate employees’ right to … Continue reading