Franchise Law BlogWe’re business law and franchise lawyers in Chicago providing customized legal services to businesses and their owners, franchisors and franchisees, and the restaurant and hospitality industry. Our knowledgeable, effective, and responsive attorneys counsel clients in connection with contracts and franchise agreements, corporate and LLC issues, leases and real estate transactions, employment issues, estate planning and business succession, and lawsuits and alternative dispute resolution.
- Cook County “Earned Sick Leave” Ordinance Effective July 2017
- New Illinois Law Renders Non-Compete Agreements for Low-Wage Employees “Illegal and Void”
- Restaurant Owners: Are You Taking Advantage of All Tax Credits and Deductions?
- Seventh Circuit: Class and Collective Action Waivers in Employment Arbitration Agreements Unenforceable
- Illinois and Chicago Employment Law Update: Minimum Wage, Paid Sick Leave and Employee Retirement Accounts
Category Archives: Employee Handbook
On August 19, 2016, Governor Bruce Rauner signed into law the Illinois Freedom to Work Act (the “Act”). The Act prohibits certain Illinois employers from entering into non-compete agreements with low-wage employees. The law takes effect January 1, 2017. The … Continue reading
Congress recently passed the Defend Trade Secrets Act (“DTSA”), vesting federal courts with the power to hear trade secret theft disputes and act immediately to resolve them. The DTSA took effect May 12, 2016, and further empowers American innovators to … Continue reading
It’s a new year, and there’s no better time to create an employee handbook or update your existing one. A well-drafted employee handbook effectively communicates workplace expectations, policies and procedures to employees. When management follows its written policies and procedures, they … Continue reading