Franchise Law BlogWe’re business law and franchise lawyers in Chicago providing customized legal services to businesses and their owners, franchisors and franchisees, and the restaurant and hospitality industry. Our knowledgeable, effective, and responsive attorneys counsel clients in connection with contracts and franchise agreements, corporate and LLC issues, leases and real estate transactions, employment issues, estate planning and business succession, and lawsuits and alternative dispute resolution.
- Chicago’s Sweetened Beverage Tax Repealed Effective December 1, 2017
- Employers: Keep Your Hands Off Of Employee Fingerprints
- Cook County “Earned Sick Leave” Ordinance Effective July 2017
- New Illinois Law Renders Non-Compete Agreements for Low-Wage Employees “Illegal and Void”
- Restaurant Owners: Are You Taking Advantage of All Tax Credits and Deductions?
Category Archives: Tax
In a nearly unanimous vote by the Cook County Board on October 11th, the Cook County sweetened beverage tax has been repealed. Passed in early August 2017, the controversial tax was only in effect for two months before lawmakers decided … Continue reading
Restaurant owners can take advantage of many special deductions and credits providing substantial tax savings. Here are several to explore: Tax Credits for Hiring in Empowerment Zones. Tax credits are available for hiring employees who live and work in an … Continue reading