Franchise Law BlogWe’re business law and franchise lawyers in Chicago providing customized legal services to businesses and their owners, franchisors and franchisees, and the restaurant and hospitality industry. Our knowledgeable, effective, and responsive attorneys counsel clients in connection with contracts and franchise agreements, corporate and LLC issues, leases and real estate transactions, employment issues, estate planning and business succession, and lawsuits and alternative dispute resolution.
- Cook County “Earned Sick Leave” Ordinance Effective July 2017
- New Illinois Law Renders Non-Compete Agreements for Low-Wage Employees “Illegal and Void”
- Restaurant Owners: Are You Taking Advantage of All Tax Credits and Deductions?
- Seventh Circuit: Class and Collective Action Waivers in Employment Arbitration Agreements Unenforceable
- Illinois and Chicago Employment Law Update: Minimum Wage, Paid Sick Leave and Employee Retirement Accounts
Category Archives: Termination
Amendments to the Illinois Unemployment Insurance Act Make It Easier to Contest an Unemployment Compensation Claim
New amendments to the Illinois Unemployment Insurance Act that make it easier for employers to contest a claim for unemployment compensation went into effect on January 3, 2016. Under the Act, an employee may be denied unemployment benefits if he … Continue reading
Terminating an employee is never pleasant, especially if you’re worried about a potential lawsuit. Be sure to review this checklist to best avoid unnecessary litigation and to help ensure you are prepared to defend against a claim for unlawful termination … Continue reading