Franchise Law BlogWe’re business law and franchise lawyers in Chicago providing customized legal services to businesses and their owners, franchisors and franchisees, and the restaurant and hospitality industry. Our knowledgeable, effective, and responsive attorneys counsel clients in connection with contracts and franchise agreements, corporate and LLC issues, leases and real estate transactions, employment issues, estate planning and business succession, and lawsuits and alternative dispute resolution.
- Cook County “Earned Sick Leave” Ordinance Effective July 2017
- New Illinois Law Renders Non-Compete Agreements for Low-Wage Employees “Illegal and Void”
- Restaurant Owners: Are You Taking Advantage of All Tax Credits and Deductions?
- Seventh Circuit: Class and Collective Action Waivers in Employment Arbitration Agreements Unenforceable
- Illinois and Chicago Employment Law Update: Minimum Wage, Paid Sick Leave and Employee Retirement Accounts
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The Cook County Board of Commissioners recently passed the Earned Sick Leave Ordinance, requiring employers to provide paid sick leave to eligible employees. The Ordinance goes into effect July 1, 2017. To be eligible for paid sick leave, an employee … Continue reading
Congress recently passed the Defend Trade Secrets Act (“DTSA”), vesting federal courts with the power to hear trade secret theft disputes and act immediately to resolve them. The DTSA took effect May 12, 2016, and further empowers American innovators to … Continue reading
It’s an unsettling time for franchisors. The NLRB’s new “indirect control” standard for finding a joint employer relationship (discussed here) is ambiguous and leaves many franchisors confused about how to protect their brand without becoming a joint employer with their … Continue reading