Franchise Law BlogWe’re business law and franchise lawyers in Chicago providing customized legal services to businesses and their owners, franchisors and franchisees, and the restaurant and hospitality industry. Our knowledgeable, effective, and responsive attorneys counsel clients in connection with contracts and franchise agreements, corporate and LLC issues, leases and real estate transactions, employment issues, estate planning and business succession, and lawsuits and alternative dispute resolution.
- Chicago’s Sweetened Beverage Tax Repealed Effective December 1, 2017
- Employers: Keep Your Hands Off Of Employee Fingerprints
- Cook County “Earned Sick Leave” Ordinance Effective July 2017
- New Illinois Law Renders Non-Compete Agreements for Low-Wage Employees “Illegal and Void”
- Restaurant Owners: Are You Taking Advantage of All Tax Credits and Deductions?
Tag Archives: joint employers
It’s an unsettling time for franchisors. The NLRB’s new “indirect control” standard for finding a joint employer relationship (discussed here) is ambiguous and leaves many franchisors confused about how to protect their brand without becoming a joint employer with their … Continue reading
In a recent ruling, the National Labor Relations Board (the “Board”) replaced a decades-old standard for determining whether a joint employer relationship exists between two or more employers that retain some degree of control over the same set of employees. … Continue reading
On December 19, 2014, the National Labor Relations Board (including a regional office in Chicago) filed 13 complaints against McDonald’s for alleged violations of federal labor laws by its franchisees. The complaints allege that the franchisees and the company punished … Continue reading